Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ornament Club







I must admit I've been on a finishing frenzy lately. I went through my WIP basket sitting by my chair and sorted out projects as to importance. It was getting quite messy will all my works in progress. I still have 10 or more in my current basket and all but two fit in there so at least it's a little cleaner. I moved a few to the back burner in the spare bedroom and put away a couple that had been done. I need to work on 5 pieces to donate to the guild boutique for a fundraiser for the Oktoberfest show which I will post pictures of when I get all 5 done. I've got three done right now. I also finished the next ornament for our ornament club. The designer is Cherished Stitches and it is a needlbook which was stitched on 36ct buttercream linen. I really enjoyed working on the higher count linen although I do need my trusty mighty brite to do it. Our ornament club was started after the Just Cross Stitch issue came out last September. We chose 12 ornaments with the help of our regular customers and made up kits for one each month. It's been a fun club. In June we will have a couple of finishing nights in case some people have questions. I believe this was a popular club and will be done again next year. We should have details in September if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment